The Pillars of the Life technique
- Disclaimer note
- Discount coupons
- The Pillars of the Life
- What are the “Pillars” of life?
- The Pillars of Life technique resources
- Getting ready!
- Step 1 – Starting
- Step 2 – Depicting the memory
- Step 3 – Continue bringing happy memories to mind
- Step 4 – Focus on the beauty of the pillars of your life
- Step 5 – Life is not always happy
- Step 6 – Moving to a “better place”
- Step 7 – Look back over the memories and affirmations
- Post-Technique Reflection
- The Pillars of the Life technique test
- Ending the Course
The Pillars of Life is a technique that highlights the good memories we have stored away on our life journey. The technique helps us to focus on what we have, rather than on what we lack. Good memories provide a firm foundation from which to move forward. They also sustain us in the difficult moments of life.
There is a wonderful piece of advice in a Book in which the author writes: “Fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely and honourable”
We all look at life through lenses. If the lens we use to view our past is negative, full of resentment and bitterness, we must understand that the same lens will taint the reality of our present and our future. The Pillars of Life technique helps people to create healthy lenses.
Some counselling methods encourage people to repeatedly return to and re-live their past to purge themselves of the hurts and injustices they have experienced. Our approach, while never dismissing the impact or injustices of past hurts, focuses on those things that sustained people through their most difficult times. These are the “Pillars” of life.